Saturday 21 July 2012

Darby and a Wildfox



Comfort is a priority when partaking in some Saturday afternoon shopping and so ordinarily I wouldn't even consider wearing heels, but these Ralph Lauren 'Darby' boots have changed my opinion somewhat. 




These were originally brought out in their Autumn/Winter 2011 collection, but I recently purchased them at 70% off in a summer sale, such a great buy! Since it's summer I haven't found too many opportunities to wear them as of yet, but these boots will really come into their own this coming Autumn/Winter and I can't wait to wear them when I'm all wrapped up. They are perfect with leggings, as shown in the pictures, but also paired with skinny jeans/cords or tights and skirts. 



I am continuously drawn to the dizzying heights of stilettos and am usually repelled by anything with a kitten heel and so my shoes collection is quite polarised - it's either ballet flats or sky-scraping stilettos with few compromises in between. However, here we have a three inch heel... Why haven't I thought of this before?? The comfort level is bolstered by the fact that your foot is secured in a boot and you're laced into them for a further support. The thick rubber 'lug-sole' also helps with comfort as it creates further stability and traction.




I would describe them as rugged, yet stylish.




I found this jumper at 60% off of the original price and as the wild in Wildfox definitely stands for wildly overpriced, this was a much more palatable proposition. It’s hard to justify spending the full price on these jumpers especially as they fall into the ‘ lounge-wear’ category… but they’re just so fun they're hard to resist! I continually find myself drawn to the funky graphics of this brand.  

To keep the outfit from becoming jarring I opted to keep accessories to a minimum. Silver is more often than not my preference when it comes to jewellery, but this Lisa Taubes gold necklace offsets the gold in the graphic lipstick in an understated manner ~ something that the jumper most certainly is not!  



While the intended style is oversized, in order to keep it stylish as opposed to slouchy, I would say that it's necessary to pair these jumpers with something fitted, be it leggings, skinny jeans or shorts. 

The material is ultra soft and cosy and I find this is a super laid-back and cute outfit. It’s perfect for a day shopping or going for a casual bite to eat. 

What I enjoy most about this outfit is, of course, the physical comfort, but I also like mixing this statement top with black leggings and lace up boots as they add edginess to the outfit. 

Also, let’s be honest here, it’s perfect teamed with a comfy pair of tracksuit or pyjama bottoms for lounging around the house or curling up in front of television with a mug of hot chocolate. Add versatile to its list of attributes ;)






L

No comments:

Post a Comment