Sunday 8 July 2012

Feeling Electric Blue ~ Topshop AWOL


This electric blue has such a bright and positive affect on my mood - powerful what a little bottle of nail polish can do! While more delicate tones of blue are known for promoting a calming effect, I would describe this dynamic blue as energetic and fun.


I rate this nail polish quite highly in terms of quality as I am very impressed with both its application and consistency. During application there is no evidence of streaking and the colour is as vibrant on the nails as it appears in the bottle.

The consistency of the polish is similar to that of an OPI or Butter London polish, therefore, not as thin as Essie. For further comparison, the brush is comparable to Butter London and Essie brushes and so, roughly half the size of OPI. In my opinion that's much of a muchness really, but for those with smaller nail beds, this brush size might be preferable.




The nail polish did start to chip after two days but, in my experience, this is true for most brands. I am usually quite lax when it comes to top coats so perhaps that is something to which I should pay more attention! In terms of longevity, I imagine that this polish would definitely benefit from the use of a top coat.

While the picture below depicts a clearly unprofessional manicure, it does show that this polish has a gorgeous, smooth and creamy finish with complete opacity after two coats. In the image below I used neither a base nor top coat, but with the sun hitting my nails the polish's naturally glossy finish is evident. It takes very minimal effort to achieve a great look with this polish and for that alone, it deserves a recommendation.




For me, bright colours such as this look best on short nails with a squared tip. I love wearing this nail polish with a simple outfit to allow the colour to really stand out (not that it needs much assistance!). Something like a white tank-top and blue jeans or white jeans and lots of silver jewellery do the job perfectly. The juxtaposition of the vibrant blue and a crisp white is beautiful and really memorable.



Basically, I love this colour... Oh and it looks very flattering with a tan!




No comments:

Post a Comment